Get Everything Installed Properly
- Happy Git with R. Read this impeccably detailed and sensible guide and do everything it says up to at least the end of Chapter 19. (Don’t worry, the chapters are short and very clear.)
- R Style Guide. Write readable code.
About Markdown and RMarkdown
- Markdown tutorial: An interactive tutorial to practice using Markdown.
- Markdown cheatsheet: Useful one-page reminder of Markdown syntax.
- RMarkdown Cheatsheet An overview of Markdown and RMarkdown conventions.
- RStudio Cheatsheets Other quick guides, including a more comprehensive RMarkdown reference and a information about using RStudio’s IDE, and some of the main tools in R.
- R. A platform for statistical computing.
- RStudio. An IDE for R. The most straightforward way to use R and RMarkdown.
- Git. A version control system for your work.
- GitHub. Host public Git repositories for free. Pay to host private ones. Educational plans available for free. Also a source for publicly available code (e.g. R packages and utilities) written by other people.